Title: Mechanically Modifying the Human Body
Run Time: 20 min 30 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Major Monocle, Nabbit
Topic: Mechanically Modifying the Human Body
- An artist designed a way to add a third thumb to his hand. Major Monocle thinks he might want to take it a step further and add an extra arm to better take advantage of each trip to the buffet. There is then talk about the need to develop nano-bots to eliminate the cholesterol that will eventually kill him after those trips.
- Oktober talks about someone who (using a something like a Raspberry PI) mounted a computer underneath his skin. Nabbit has some issues with visualization of this, mainly because he is trying to figure how raspberry pie would fit under the skin.
- Nabbit talks about the advancements going on with 3-D printing and how new materials (mainly metals) and new techniques are making prosthetic exceedingly cheap. Leading to the futuristic idea that people will be able to download designs and print them at home, or as Oktober put it…”We are in the, future.“
- Major Monocle starts talking about replacement hands that could be stronger than their organic counterparts. Nabbit cites the example of this Star Trek: The Next Generation episode as a way of proposing the question: If you didn’t need it, would you still consider getting things replaced?
- Nabbit brings up two things that mechanical modifications will change dramatically: Sex and the Olympics. The topic of two separate Olympics (one modified, one not) gets discussed. And as for the sex stuff….well there’s a King Missile joke in there somewhere.
Game: “Be The Tree You Want To Be…”
A game about silly questions and scenarios that will bend your mind in some new and interesting shapes.