Title: Adult Life Skills
Run Time: 18 min 30 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Major Monocle, Nabbit
Topic: Adult Life Skills
- Oktober talks about the necessity of being able to cook, not only for yourself, but also for the ones you wish to seduce. And the panel seems to agree that microwave only cooking doesn’t count. Nabbit talks about some of the weird combinations of foods that he’s tried while trying to learn the skill of cooking.
- Nabbit talks about the skill of “Raising children.” The complexities of which are myriad, but as Oktober point out that it is not applicable to all people and that it has a limited time frame of usefulness.
- Major Monocle complains about the youths and the need for them to develop the “Job Retention” Skill. Nabbit points out that Major Monocle has the skill but doesn’t necessarily use it. Luke breaks down one of the essential elements of this skill: Time Management (i.e. Showing Up).
- Nabbit wants to change the flow of the conversation, he wants to discuss life skills that are , in his words, awesome. Major Monocle suggests driving cars. Luke brings up one (that is related) that he doesn’t have, but thinks is awesome…that of mechanical car repair. Nabbit brings up the classic man stance that makes it look like you might be able to solve the problem.
- The panel talks about modifying computers briefly. Major Monocle points out that it is a different experience when you’re an adult and you own the machine, as compared to taking apart the family computer when you’re a kid.
- Major Monocle and Nabbit talk about home maintenance and how they enjoy looking at a problem and knowing how much it’s gonna cost to get it fixed. There is also talk about the distance from studs, which makes Luke’s eyes just glaze over.
- Nabbit talks about Frivolous Spending as an adult life skill. The ability to determine your budget and modify it to get what you want…what Nabbit calls, Monetary Justification. Nabbit talks about the process of rationalizing the idea and getting someone to reinforce it.
Game: “Drink It” or “Sink It” Challenge :
The Beach Cruzer
This pineapple heavy drink gives everybody a different sensation. Oktober tastes a bit of grapefruit, Nabbit smells the pineapple and also a bit of vanilla…and Major Monocle just gets the taste of pineapple. A simple drink for a simple time. Give it a try and let us know what you think (The recipe is the post right before these notes).