Title: Lunch in the Working World
Run Time: 14 min 23 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Major Monocle, Nabbit
- The topic stems from this article in the Wall Street Journal concerning the decline of working people going out to lunch. So in consideration of the trend towards eating at your desk, Luke brought everyone a brown bag lunch.
- Oktober suggests that people have less time for their lunch breaks. Nabbit agrees, but talks about the need to escape. Meanwhile Major Monocle admits that he used lunch with his manager (at one time it was Nabbit) as an excuse to take longer lunches.
- Oktober says that in her current job she spend a lot of time driving from place to place. Consequently she doesn’t have a defined lunch break and normally eats fast food on the run.
- Luke talks about office workers eating at their desk and Nabbit says that in some places it’s “Highly suggested.” Nabbit talks about his wife’s job as a nurse…normally their food is catered by pharmaceutical reps. Unless someone forgets and then there are no alternatives…except for soup she keeps in her locker.
- The panel goes back to discussing Oktober’s lunch/driving and the difficulty of eating Taco Bell….while driving. Pro skills are needed.
- The Aftermath:
Game: The Drink It Or Sink It Challenge – Ft. Lauderdale
This drink was a poor pairing considering the brown bag lunch had a peanut butter sandwich in it. Luke quickly decided that this drink was not going to get a fair shake for two reasons…. #1 The idea of peanut butter and orange juice together. #2 He did not bring the roper glass for the drink (a double rocks glass) so the presentation was off. The panel couldn’t get into this for mostly those reasons. Give it a try and see what you think. (The recipe is posted before these show notes)