Title: Season 2 Begins…City Vs. Country
Run Time: 20 min 26 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Major Monocle, Nabbit
Topic: City Living Vs. Country Living
- There are plenty of reasons to live in the country and there are plenty of reasons to live in the city. We discussed some of those pro’s and con’s…. Like Oktober’s desire for more space… so she could have more chickens. But driving over half an hour over unpaved, gravel roads to get milk is high in her “Disadvantages” category.
- Luke talks about the joys of food delivery, an essential part of modern living. Nabbit brings up traffic slowing things down enough that living in the city is almost as inconvenient as living in the country.
- The panel talks about the idea of privacy. In the city you are somewhat anonymous (one amongst the many) whereas in the country you may have a mile to your closest neighbor.
- Socializing is another big theme in this debate. In the country you can get all your friends together and have a bonfire and barbecue….bonfires are frowned upon in the city. So you adjust your social scene and hit the pubs and clubs.
- The panels ultimate conclusions were:
Major Monocle: Country
Luke: Country (with a Bunker)
Nabbit: Middle Ground (Suburbs)
Game: “Be The Tree You Want To Be…”
A game about silly questions and scenarios that will bend your mind in some new and interesting shapes.