Title: Sexy Celebrities
Run Time: 27 min 45 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Nabbit, Oktober
Topic: Sexiest Celebrities of All Time
- Oktober voices a possible issue with the topic…mainly that her choices are unconventional. She refers back to the lyric “My you look beautiful, it’s a crime to be usual.” (Angie Aparo, “Beautiful”) because she likes people who have very distinct features.
- Luke begins with Veronica Lake. A distinctive look during a short career, but one that worked its way into the cultural lexicon. A look that eventually helped form the design of Jessica Rabbit. Luke recommends listening to the podcast You Must Remember This if you’re interested in her story and others from that era.
- Oktober and Nabbit discuss Marilyn Monroe and how she seems glamorized to such an extent as to be unattainable. Nabbit brings up Audrey Hepburn as someone who is beautiful, but not made of Hollywood.
- Oktober brings up Betty Page. Everyone agrees that when it comes to Betty Page it’s more than just looks…it’s attitude and charisma.
- Nabbit thinks that Scarlett Johansson is a clear contender for “Sexiest Celebrity” because of her beauty, personality and her photogenic aura.
- Oktober brings up another group favorite… Elvira, Mistress of The Dark.
- Nabbit brings up Zooey Deschanel. Luke brings up the stylistic similarities with Betty Page.
- Oktober reels of in rapid fire fashion three more contenders… Kate Beckinsale, Olivia Wilde and Halle Berry. Luke talks about having issues separating some of those actresses from the roles they play. Oktober brings up the movie “Butter” as a way to poke holes in that issue.
- Moving on to the Men…Luke has his one and only. The most perfect man in all of history…Hugh Jackman. From singing to dancing, all the way to action and stunts…he’s got it all. Plus he’s no slouch in the kitchen, either.
- Nabbit mocks the appeal of Mick Jagger. Then starts down his list of epic sexy men…starting with Sean Connery. William Shatner (although there is some dispute as to when was his prime “Sexy” phase). Nabbit puts in a quick vote for Major Monocle’s (who was not present) prime choice…Chuck Norris.
- Oktober puts in her submission for Sexiest Male Celebrity ever….It’s George Harrison. It’s a matter of his brooding, mysterious image. Specifically the images along with the album, All Things Must Pass.
Game: Sexy Quotes
This is a simple game. Here’s a quote from some famous person about sex and celebrity status…all you have to do is figure out who said it.
- “I need more sex, OK? Before I die I wanna taste everyone in the world.”
- “I am hoping that I can be known as a great writer and actor some day, rather than a sex symbol.”
- “I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.”
- “I think we can all agree that sleeping around is a great way to meet people.”