Title: Circuses and Sideshows
Run Time: 21 min 38 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Nabbit, Oktober
Topic: Circus Performances and Sideshows
- The panel talks about how the circus was once a place of wonder because you didn’t see exotic places through a screen.
- Oktober talks about how the freak shows still have a following with certain audiences. Luke brings up the resurgence of side show acts with Jim Rose’s Circus (here’s the full video for those interested).
- Nabbit talks about how he was at a three ring circus just last year (in a mall parking lot). He talks about some of the acts ( lions, elephants and the Ball of Death) and about the amazing logistics of putting it all together.
- Oktober brings up her memories of the Ringling Bros. Unicorn. (We covered this in the 04/01/16 show) She tells the story of how she was fascinated by them as a kid. She’s also heard that it was a bit of a diva.
- Luke always loved the “Human Cannonball” because of the action and noise. Like acrobats, but with gun powder! (Despite there being no real gun powder)
- Luke talks about remembering sideshows being more like animals and museum pieces. He refers to the “World’s Largest Crocodile” which he’s not really sure it was alive or a statue painted to look real.
- Nabbit thinks that circuses are on the down slope currently, but they’ll have a resurgence given enough time.
- The panel finishes up with praise for the hard working carny folk.
Game: “What’s In A Name?”
In this game Luke presents three different things within a category and the panel has to determine which is the real one.
- Game Companies –
- Famous Castles-