Title: Dream: Logic, Interpretation and Triggers
Run Time: 21 min 56 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Nabbit, Oktober
- Oktober talks about the consistent style of her dreams. She says there have only been two videos that show what it’s like to dream like her….they are royksopp’s “What Else Is There?” and this Adidas ad.
- Nabbit talks about dreaming in black and white and Oktober talks about how in some of her dreams do involve specific colors.
- Nabbit delves into his fascination with dream logic and how as you wake up and start to try and explain…it all just falls apart.
- Oktober talks about waking up from certain dreams and having to remind herself that the events in them did not really happen. Which leads Nabbit to talk about “Half Dreams” (the ones that happen just before you fall asleep and seem plausible).
- Oktober talks about dreams that happened in the halls of her high school (FYI: The entire panel went to the same high school) and Nabbit shares some of the same themes, but darker.
- Luke asks the panel about dreaming about work. Nabbit talks about stress being a trigger for dreams so work was a common theme. Nabbit also talks about how some times your dreams are trying to help you solve job issues (although, as he points out, in some absurd ways).
- Oktober talks about dreams premonitory dreams and how it may just be that her brain was picking up on things that her waking mind couldn’t see. Or as Nabbit puts it… “You’ve got your blinders on, but sh*t’s on fire yo.”
- Luke talks about dream interpretation. He chose some random things from the DreamCloud.com dictionary of dreams to talk about. Like Driving. And Beaches.
- Nabbitt talks about some of the things that he experienced when lucid dreaming (he was able to do this randomly when he was younger). But he wasn’t in complete control (he couldn’t run, some items were fixed in place or hard to move, etc).
- Nightmares come up and Oktober wonders aloud whether dreams are actually a parallel place…creeping Nabbit out when he tells the story of his worst nightmare. (It involves a pizza cutter….and it is crazy).
- Oktober talks about a reoccurring nightmare involving a friend who passed away several years ago who gets up during the funeral and screams….leading the rest of the panel to drink a little extra heavy in hopes of getting to sleep after the show.
Game: “Drink It” Or “Sink It” Challenge: “The French Fantasy”
Oktober enjoyed this sweet and tart cocktail (a little too much some might say). Served in a Manhattan style cocktail glass this is a smaller serving than some might make, so the panel talks about making it a little bigger. Nabbit comments on Luke’s penchant for using grenadine as a sweetener in his cocktails. Oktober really likes the orange, lemon combination in the drink. Try it out for yourselves…the recipe is posted just before these notes.