Run Time: 15 min 6 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: The Lost Art of Toasting
- Oktober reminds everyone of these Budweiser commercials…that were essentially toasts to the under appreciated people of the world.
- Nabbit is not a fan of toasts. His reasoning is that toasts now are forced. He doesn’t think there are enough genuine toasts. Luke argues that it’s because people are out of practice with the skill of a good toast.
- Oktober brings up songs that are essentially musical toasts. Eve 6’s “Here’s to the Night” came up along with Ed Sheeran’s “The Parting Glass.“
- Luke talks about one of his favorite bar toasts: “On the First Day God created Man. On The Second Day He created Woman. Here’s to second chances.”
- Luke mentions a book about the history of bars and toasting in America. It’s called “America Walks Into A Bar” by Christine Sismondo.
- Nabbit has the creeping suspicion that we’ve covered this topic before. Luke points out that this is the 82nd show and there was a lot of alcohol throughout…so maybe….but probably not.
- Luke apologizes (again!) for botching the speech at Nabbit’s wedding. Here’s an example of how it went.
- Yes, Toastmasters do exist….they are not some sort of underground shadow organization or conspiracy theory.
Game: “Drink It” Or “Sink It” Challenge : Gentle Passions
A sweet drink made with Passoa, fresh squeezed orange juice and a dash of grenadine. Nabbit thinks the orange juice added a bit too much acidity, but liked the flavors. Oktober thought it was too much on the sweet side for her tastes and Major Monocle kept wondering when the toast was coming. The idea of turning this into a punch came up and it certainly sounded like a good idea. Give it a try and tell us what you think…the recipe is the post right before these notes.