Title: Bad, Inappropriate and Kitschy Valentine Gifts
Run Time: 24 min 45 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit
Topic: Bad, Inappropriate and Kitschy Valentine Gifts
- Oktober starts off with “Things Not To Buy Oktober for Valentine’s Day”…it is basically summed up as any dancing animal with a bad audio track. Or a Fleshlight.
- Luke continues in the vein of stuffed animals….things like the “Love Monkey” or the “I Luv You Weiner Dog”… Nabbit wonders if they have to sew a heart onto everything as a way to reuse regular stuffed animals.
- And then there is the Giant Stuffed Animals…Nabbit recommends that you not buy one every year unless you have a very large house.
- Nabbit talks about Marriage Proposals on Valentine’s Day…not the most original gift. Which leads to the story of how he proposed to his wife.
- Luke talks about how gifts that don’t serve any sort of purpose just seem like a bad deal on any holiday, but Valentine’s day seems like a prime time for them.
- Everyone discuss the fact that a nice dinner is always a great gift. However, Nabbit brings up that the night before Valentine’s Day has gotten just as bad as the day itself.
- Oktober likes to use her artistic talents for Valentine’s Day. Thats why she recommends getting Giant Cards for your significant other. She makes reference to one she did based around these ads….you get the idea.
- The idea of tattoo’s as a gift or tribute came up as a bad idea…but we won’t judge.
Game: Movie Board (2.0)
We experiment with a new version of “The Movie Board.” In this version we draw cards with common Rom-Com tropes and write a movie based on them or retell a movie where they happened in a different way. Here are the tropes that came up.