Title: Drones and the Lexicon Obscuria
Run Time: 23 min 18 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit
Topic: Drones: What They Can and Cannot Do
- Oktober talks about the drones in “Run Away” (with Gene Simmons!) which leads to a series of karaoke remakes of famous songs…unfortunately we’re the ones doing the singing.
- Nabbit and Oktober that most drones we see are really just toys (or as Nabbit puts it, “RC Cars that Fly“). Oktober compares them to RC Helicopters from 15 years ago, but everyone pushes back on that a little.
- Nabbit points out that a drone cannot make him breakfast, however Luke counters that argument with the fact that it could, at least, deliver him breakfast.
- Things they can do: Look in People’s windows.
- Nabbit says that drones can’t reenact the scene from E.T. where they fly across the moon….Luke counters with the fact that the Drone Dementor (from Harry Potter) is pretty close to that concept.
- How About Changing a light bulb?….. Sorta.
- Nabbit talk about Autonomous drones that fly in formation. And even Disney is getting on the action!
- The panel talks about drones being used in film making.
- Drones can hunt other drones…a anti-drone drone if you will.
- They cannot carry you around on a hammock. Despite what this ad seemed to indicate.
Game: Lexicon Obscuria
This game is a simple word game with un-simple words. The panel tries to decode the meanings of these strange, but true words.