Title: Who’ll Be Dead and Remembered?
Run Time: 21 min 27 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit
Topic: Who from Pop Culture will be remembered in 50 years?
- To start off the panel spends a few minutes discussing Yoohoo, Swiss Miss hot chocolate and Chocolate beer.
- The topic is who will be remembered in 50 years from now….and who will your grand kids respond with a “Who?”
- Oktober throws out Benedict Cumberbatch. The panel makes up several silly names for him, which will probably be the way we remember him when were in out old age….as long as it’s got the right amount of syllables. And just for more fun…here’s the random Benedict Cumberbatch Name generator.
- Nabbit suggests Harrison Ford. He’s been in a lot of major franchises, has played several famous characters and was in a 90’s movie with bad CG. Nabbit compares him to Clint Eastwood…minus all the directing credits. And then there’s the whole sleeping with Carrie Fisher thing.
- Nabbit continues, but switches to the world of musical acts…with Bruno Mars. Luke wonders whether he has staying power and/or will make a large enough cultural impact. Nabbit does not think we have reached peak “Mars.”
- Justin Timberlake’s name get mentioned…but Jimmy Fallon’s contributions probably won’t make it into the history books.
- Adele comes up in conversation. Luke suggests that she probably won’t make the cut, mainly because her albums have been pretty similar.
- Nabbit thinks Lady Gaga will make a lasting impact. Everyone agrees, if only because of the meat dress.
- Nabbit feels The Darkness needs to be remembered, but everyone knows they won’t be. Despite the epic-ness that is this song and video.
- Nabbit, Luke and Oktober agree that Jackie Chan is certainly one who has made it into the world’s collective consciousness. Language barriers aside, the man has been in over 150 movies and can sing Elvis songs… in 50 years there will be shrines made.
- As for who will certainly be forgotten…Everybody Else. Special mention goes out to The Kardashians (Major Monocle wasn’t there to defend them).
Game: “Drink It” Or “Sink It” Challenge
Time for a shot….the “Sailor On Shore Shot.” This one gets it’s name because if you can still say it’s name, you’re not drunk. Everyone enjoyed this one, however Nabbit became fascinated with the Sobe Elixir Morning Patrol. Nabbit wanted that with just Coconut rum. To be fair, there’s a lot of it left over after making a few of these so it’s worth experimenting with. The recipe is available in the post before this one so get some friends together and give it a shot.