Title: Ghosts and More FAKE News
Run Time: 30 min 17 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Ghosts- Movies and Tropes
- Poltergeist….everyone agrees that it is really great. This scene in Poltergeist II made Nabbit refuse to get braces as a child. And this one gave Oktober a serious aversion to tequila.
- References to The Exorcist are made….but we’re not posting those scenes here(but you can get all the info from IMDB). Here’s the trailer.
- Luke gets accused of being a “ghost elitist” for calling into question whether the movie House is really a ghost movie.
- Nabbit doesn’t find non-corporeal forms threatening. He thinks when they start throwing things at you or possessing dolls that’s when they get scary.
- Luke brings up The Others and 1408 as examples of movies that are different from the standard horror fare.
- Major Monocle doesn’t really doesn’t like ghost movies (except for Casper). He gets freaked out by the jump scares in Paranormal Activity and random creepy kid laughs.
- Both Major Monocle and Oktober bring up Thirteen Ghosts and Nabbit and Luke try to remember the details of the story.
- The contortion and dead eyed look in “The Exorcism of Emily Rose” freaked out the entire panel.
Game: FAKE News: Paranormal Edition
- In this game, Luke has written several fake news stories. The final detail in the story is to be filled in by the panelists. The stories often take weird swing, especially with this group. So here are the basic stories that the panel had to work with.
- A witness claims that the house of his now deceased uncle is haunted. Upon arriving at the residence to hear the reading of the will he was greeted by someone claiming to be the butler. The witness claims he then did what that revealed he was a ghost?
- Is an old pawn shop haunted? Local proprietors revealed a video made last night that shows what they believe to be a spirit. What was that spirit doing in that old pawn shop?
- Local trick or treaters got a fright when they discovered a discarded sack in the driveway of the MacNeil residence. Witnesses reported a liquid oozing from the sack and called the police. What did the police find on that drive way?
- An attendant at a local animal shelter was witnessed, on camera, running out of the building last night. Police detained the man after he was reportedly running down Main street screaming incoherently. A few moments into his detainment Police said that he had told them what had caused him to run out of the building. According to the Police, what did the attendant say drove him from the building?
- Experts from the state university were called in to investigate strange banging sounds heard in the county courthouse. Local investigators could find no reasons for the sounds. After a few hours the experts discovered the likely reason for the noises, were what?