Title: Bloody Mary and Other Fun
Run Time: 20 min 24 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Bloody Mary, Divination and More
- The panel begins by talking about Bloody Mary and some of its variations. Which involves Luke realizing there is a mirror in the Red Room.
- Oktober tells everyone about her time in elementary school and the how the urban legend was much talked about in the gymnasium girls’ bathroom (Nabbit questions whether the lights were always flickering).
- As Oktober and Luke start to talk the origin of these types of “divination games” Nabbit begins to struggle with using the term “game.” As he puts it…”Summoning dead little girls is not a game.”
- The question of what Bloody Mary looks like comes up. Oktober says she could be a young girl or an old woman. Luke said he always pictured the girl from “The Ring.”
- After talking about some of the other divination games from the 19th century the panel gets sidetracked to the Ouija board. We talk about possible origin stories and some pop culture touchstones of the Ouija board.
- Luke talks about how “bobbing for apples” became a thing for Halloween. Due to a missunderstanding of the rules Nabbit has severe concerns about drowning or something worse.
- Oktober brings up table tipping, which is not something that a lot of people know about. The spirits supposedly answer questions by tapping on the table (1 for yes, 2 for no, etc).
- Major Monocle brings up “Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board”… which most of the panel has either never seen or have never seen it work. Oktober played it as a kid, but never got it to work.
Game: The “Drink It” or “Sink It” Challenge : The Bloody Mary
Nabbit was shocked that he didn’t see this one coming. Oktober loves this version of a Bloody Mary. Major Monocle can’t get passed the tomato-i-ness of this kind of drink. Nabbit is just perplexed by the idea of celery as a garnish. Luke brings up the fact that Bloody Marys are a divisive drink: either you like them or you don’t.