Title: Doomsday Prophecies (It’s Not All About Zombies!)
Run Time: 23 min 35 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Doomsday Prophecies and Scenarios
- The panel agrees that if the End of the Worlds comes about they would eat Major Monocle…which is why we like to take him out to eat so often.
- Oktober doesn’t want to talk about Zombies….which of course leads to a quick conversation about the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Luke brings up the Mayan Calendar. Oktober thinks that it was really the first thing that people think of when they hear the words Doomsday Prophecy. Even though the movie wasn’t that good.
- Then there was the Rapture! Oktober brings up the Left Behind (movies or books), which has it’s own problems.
- Not to mention all the ways the Universe and Nature could take us out. From all the ways the sun could destroy us to the affects of oxygen on our world.
- Luke delivers good news about all these Doomsday prophecies… we’ve survived all of them thus far. So way to be a survivor everybody!
- Nabbit relates a story about his thought process when they turned on the Hadron Super Collider. It illustrates the point that even if you can feel the anxiety, explaining it to someone else could be extremely difficult.
- Luke brings up the fact that many of the Doomsday Prophecies are tied to celestial events. Like Halley’s Comet in 1910 and Heaven’s Gate just to mention a few.
- How do you deal with all these possible scenarios? Let’s take a page from the HitchHiker’s Guide to the Universe.
Game: Survival Trivia
- According to Max Brooks’ “Zombie Survival Guide” which of these foods would be the best to grab as you’re fleeing the hordes…beef jerky, biscuit mix, sushi or canned beef stew?
- Survival experts say you should NOT do this if you are attacked by a giant octopus…swim towards the surface, go limp, or swim in a somersault motion?
- In order to hide from the radioactive mutants that are chasing you …you decide to head into the sewers. After they pass you get lost…what is the best way to avoid exposing yourself to dangerous bacteria and the more dangerous hydrogen sulfide?….Follow the largest pipe and follow it to a storm sewer inlet, stand up as tall as you can and walk upstream, or listen for the sounds of rats and follow them?
- Piranhas are nasty little eating machines…what is the best way to cross a piranha infested waterway?…Toss rocks and debris upstream of you to distract them, cross at night, or choose a place that has an abundant food supply?