Title: Fall Festivals
Run Time: 20 min 17 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: All About Fall Festivals
- Nabbit puts forth the theory that festivals are a racket…at the very least an excuse to drink.
- Oktober talks about how it is so odd to see Oktoberfests without beer. Major Monocle and Nabbit say that it seems like without that it is a form of cultural exploitation.
- Luke talks about how all fall festivals have a tradition around the harvest and that is why a lot of festivals had alcoholic beverages and a lot of food.
- Oktober talks a little bit about the real German Oktoberfest. Mostly about the misbehavior of tourists.
- The panel discusses the Circleville Pumpkin Show. Luke talks about the food (to the puzzlement of Major Monocle and Nabbit). The conversation degrades into fun facts about animals and pumpkins.
- Oktober talks about the Kissing Crane American Festival series of pocket knives.
Game: Fall Festival Fun
- The Tarantula Festival, where locals gather for a day of tarantula-themed fun. All kinds of arachnid displays, tarantula races, and even a costume contest, ensue.
- The Cow Chip Festival, which includes a cow chip parade, a cow chip-throwing contest, crafts, food, and of course, beer! (The current cow chip-throwing record stands at 248 feet.)
- The Testical Festival, also know as The Testy Fest…it includes a ball-eating contest. You are given four minutes to see how many bull testicles you can consume. They also have an Undie 500 race which has lots of semi naked people running down the road.
- Squirrel Fest, which features Squirrel Feeder Races (basically you strap wheels to a squirrel feeder and send it down a ramp), a parade and live music that (using their words not mine) You’ll go nuts for.
- The Annual Mushroom Festival, from the Mushroom Capitol of the World…it has a fried mushroom eating contest, in fact it has lots of cooking contests too…also an exhibition and growers hall and a carnival.