Title: Best Drunk Foods
Run Time: 21 min 23 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Booze and Food Combinations
- We learn that Major Monocle is the Bubba of Spam as he runs down his list of ways to prepare the versatile canned meat product.
- Nabbit is big on the bite sized foods when enjoying libations. And Cheese…anything with cheese goes over well. Major Monocle warns against pizza rolls (cause those things are nuclear!).
- Luke likes to pair his drinks with his foods. Beer = salty. Cocktails = savory. And it’s always en vogue to enjoy a burger and bourbon.
- The panel gets side tracked talking about what kind of alcohol they enjoy. Nabbit thought this might inform the topic as to where everyone was coming from. Major Monocle is the Bud Light/ Jaegermeister kinda guy. Nabbit is a casual Rum/ Vodka drinker. Oktober is all about tart cocktails/Ciders/ Dark Beers. Luke like a little of everything (except tequila).
- Best foods for after drinking. Nabbit and Major Monocle are all about pancakes and donuts. Oktober agrees that breakfast food is always the post “night out” meal. Luke argues that the main reason for that is because those are the types of places that are open after the bars close.
- Luke drops some knowledge on the panel about good foods for alcohol consumption and how alcohol affects the body. Like Fat. And how sugar is affected by alcohol. And the incredible egg.
Game: “Drink It” Or “Sink It” Challenge
The drink is called the “White Bikini.” This drink did not go over well. The panel was a bit overwhelmed by the alcohol content. And the consistency. And the flavor (milk and citrus). The recipe has Rum, Vodka, Milk, Lemon and simple syrup. (You can see the full recipe one the main page before this post). Nabbit could not drink it…he tried it, but just couldn’t get past it. Major Monocle downed it after an initial shock. Try it out and see what you think.