Title: Born in the Wrong Era
Run Time: 18 min 50 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Born in the Wrong Era…
- Luke attempts to explain the feeling of being born in the wrong ear and searches for a psychological term for it…and generally fails.
- Oktober brings up the 80’s (which of course she does) and talks about how cultural trends are cyclical….and the panel suggests buying her one of these for her iphone.
- Luke talks about how he’s fascinated by the 1920’s and 30’s era. He theorizes that the attraction is because it was a period of revolution, which is another reason he feels drawn to the 1960’s.
- The talk goes towards the world of the 1920’s….the parties, the lack of child labor laws, the invention of the hot dog!
- Nabbit goes back to the Medieval Period…although his perception of it may be a bit more Medieval Times. He thinks that the internet has ruined his boyhood dreams of being a knight. There’s the smells, the fight for sustenance, the short (by today’s standards) life expectancy.
- The panel wanders down a side street into the things of yester-year….like libraries and phone books.
The Game: The “Drink It” Or “Sink It” Challenge – The Bronx Cocktail
This episode’s challenge is one of the top 10 cocktails of 1934…The Bronx. Simple ingredients (gin, sweet and dry vermouth, orange juice) lead to a drink that the panel thinks is a bit flavorless. None of the ingredients shine through, although Oktober tastes a bit of the citrus. Major Monocle downed it pretty easily and was ready for another. Nabbit suggests that Luke kick it up a bit….with cilantro (to be fair he might have been at least 2 and a half sheets to the wind at this point). The recipe is posted on the main page so you can give it a try on your own.