Run Time: 22 min 25 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
- Luke ate a Jimmy John’s Sandwich (a #11) during the whole show. Everyone discussed what they had before the show (most of us had the #11).
- Oktober talks about the most amazing sandwich she’s ever had… from Melt. She had what basically amounted to a grilled cheese with a serving of lasagna in the middle.
- Major Monocle described his favorite sandwich…of course it was 3 sandwiches in one. It started with 2 (!) grilled cheese sandwiches and in between those there is a hamburger (technically a sandwich). Not for the faint of heart…or those with a heart condition.
- Nabbit sings the praises of the sandwich resurgence and Major Monocle talks about how he’s fancying up his sandwiches. Previously it was just bread, meat and cheese. Now he’s actually adding vegetables.
- Luke starts talking about the different names of sandwiches. From hoagies, po boys, grinders to submarine sandwiches.
- Meatloaf divides the panel. Most are against the meatloaf sandwich but Major Monocle stands his ground.
- The panel discusses the basic configuration of the Club Sandwich. Nabbit insists that it must have both Ham and Turkey, not either or. Everyone talks about the possible origins of the sandwich.
- And then panel delves deep into all the sandwiches…like the panini. And then the Monte Cristo. And Primanti Brothers. And finally the French Dip!
Game: The State of Sandwich
In this game we’ve made the panel guess which sandwich belongs to what state. It all came from this list. We did the following sandwiches: