Title: Fantastic Beasts and Pixie Sticks
Run Time: 17 min 32 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Mythical Creatures and Fantastic Beasts
- Luke lays out the topic and then Major Monocle takes a strange side trip by talking about Unicorn mayonnaise.
- Major Monocle, Luke and Nabbit all try to guess what mythical creature Oktober is thinking about. And they guess wrong. She was thinking about the mythical Cockatrice. She tells a story about it terrorizing a church in the Middle Ages.
- The panel bullies Oktober into admitting her fascination with Werewolves. Luke tells an embarrassing story about her cornering a werewolf at a Halloween event.
- Luke thinks that the Will O The Wisp is an interesting mythical creature mainly because it isn’t overtly dangerous….until you’ve been lured into the swamp and drown because of them.
- Major Monocle brings up dragons and the panel goes into a quick discussion on the various forms dragons come in (western/ Eastern, Talking and Non-Talking). Nabbit makes a DragonHeart reference which lead us to make jokes about Benedict Cumberbatch’s name.
- Nabbit brings up the doppleganger and it’s many forms <Pun!>. Including the Mimic (from Dungeons and Dragons) and the Bogart (from Hatty Potter).
- Oktober brings it back to werewolves and starts trying to justify it by saying that they were in Harry Potter. In an attempt to bring the panel back from that silly path he mentions Underpants Gnomes.
- Another favorite creature that Luke thinks is interesting is the Incubus and the Succubus. Mainly because they are a dark mirror of humanities desires and the stories about them can tell us something about or fears.
- The panel goes back to the Cockatrice as Nabbit describes how he thinks the creature came about. Mainly it was a pissed off chicken and a guy who needed to not seem like a coward.
Game: “Drink It” Or “Sink It” Challenge
This weeks drink is something befitting the topic and your childhood memories…It’s The Pixie Stick. A sour and sweet drink that you can enjoy and not worry about it hitting you too hard. The panel enjoyed it and thought it was just like drinking the candy. They also enjoyed the presentation. Luke brought up the idea that you could modify this to be served Up with a rim made out of the actually candy.