Title: Inspirational Quotes
Run Time: 19 min 34 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Inspirational and Motivational Quotes
- Luke’s first submission:
This quote in not from George Carlin…there is a whole page on GeorgeCarlin.net about quotes that are not from George Carlin.
- Major Monocle’s favorite quote is “F**k It, We’ll do it Live!” because sometimes you just gotta wing it. Nabbit says that there is quite a lot of talent in that department present at the podcast.
- Luke’s next submission is from Tony Robbins….
Which of course is allows Oktober to quote the band Rush’s song “FreeWill.”
- Nabbit brings up the absurdity of the common wisdom that is:
….Because you stopped looking after you found it.
- Then we hit the segment of the show where we randomly pull a bunch of fortune cookie fortunes out of Nabbit’s wallet. He’s been stockpiling them for years. Some of these pearls:
- Oktober relates to the last fortune cookie and throws out the wisdom that is:
The panel struggles with that one for a moment because it’s easier if you read it.
- This hopeful quote for old people comes about (even though it was most likely not said by who it is attributed to, that being George Eliot):
Apparently, being the first astronaut to bowl on the moon is still an option, according to Nabbit.
- Major Monocle suggest we set the motto for the show to this quote from Game of Thrones:
- Oktober drops some 80’s pop inspiration on us, courtesy of Howard Jones’ “What is Love?”
“…Love is letting people be just what they want to be.”
Nabbit is all about sorting out the inner workings of modern relationships…
Luke points out that there’s another good reason to get a cat.
Game: “Drink It” or “Sink It” Challenge
This concoction is a peach and orange mashup called “The Devil In The Grove.” Featuring Jim Beam’s “Devil’s Cut” Bourbon this one is a bit of an homage to the border between Florida and Georgia. Sweet, tart and bourbon combine into something that, no matter how sinful, is worth trying.