Title: Astrology, Gravitational Waves and Art Projects
Run Time: 25 min 19 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Astrology: Real, Fake or Somewhere Inbetween?
- The panel ultimately agrees that the Sun is, indeed, a star. Although that has no bearing on the subject at hand.
- Nabbit makes it the shortest podcast yet by dropping the mic (admittedly it took him a few tries) by explaining that applying logic to astrology makes as much sense as applying it to religion.
- One possible explanation for how the study of astrology came about, boredom…possibly due to a lack of internet connectivity 2000 years ago.
- Then there’s the moon, how does that factor in? The panel discusses the craziness that comes about because of the full moon. Especially in the medical field.
- A quick side trip from Western Astrology to Chinese Astrology. The panel has a conversation about the basics (as you can find on a Chinese food place mat).
- The panel talks about people that follow astrology and how they use it. This conversation mainly revolves around astrology as a frame of reference for how to deal with other people.
- Nabbit brings up a study about what is known as the “Barnum Effect” and how it relates to what people believe about themselves in relation to astrology.
- The panel gives a quick run down of their Western Zodiac signs. Nabbit’s a Leo (or possibly just an A-hole). Major Monocle is a Sagittarius (apparently a “Hit it and quit it” type, although it’s untrue except for cheesecake). Oktober is a Pisces (totally artistic).
- Then the question is raised about how the stars effect just one particular individual. Nabbit (with the assistance of Oktober) starts spouting some real “wavy gravy” type reasons.
Segment: “What Are Ya Into?”
- Nabbit is working on making flat action figures into truly awesome action figures.
- Luke’s old apparently cause he’s reading books. Like Imbibe! by David Wondrich.