Title: Food that Doesn’t Taste Like It Should
Run Time: 22 min 52 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit
Topic: Food That Doesn’t Taste Like It Should
- This topic came about when Luke read a story about PepsiCo testing a Dorito flavored Mountain Dew.
- Oktober states that she can’t eat a food that is in the form of another type of food. One example she came up with was a Cheeseburger shaped cake. The idea of Crystal Pepsi came up as another example (it’s clear but tastes like cola). And Luke points out the Salad Cake, which is just an abomination unto cake.
- Nabbit has issues with scented candles. Especially the candles at Bob Evans that smell like Pancakes and Syrup. Or the ones that smell like Bacon. It’s not that they aren’t pleasing scents, its more the fact that he can actually taste them in the air. Oktober is against food scented candles, preferring floral or pine scents.
- Nabbit explores the murky world of food flavored scents that are used in beauty products.
- Nabbit also relates his most recent experience with the medical community and their opinion on what bananas should taste like. (You’ll have to hear it to understand it, but it’s totally worth it).
Game: The Wishlist
This game involved homework for the panel. They put together several products, both real and fake, and everyone tries to decide whether they are talking about an actual product or if they just made it up, but really want it.