Title: Not For Kid Coloring Books and Building-A-Bar
Run Time: 20 min 41 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit
Topic: Adult Coloring Books
- Like any trend it probably started a long time ago, faded away and then came back. Adult Coloring books are no different. We can look back to the 60’s for its first awakening.
- Oktober talks about Zentangles and how they relate to the some of the more popular Adult Coloring books. Oktober also thinks that the calming effect that is supposed to accompany this practice explains the rise of ASMR video’s on youtube. (Editors note: She mistakenly calls them ASR videos)
- The panel starts discussing some of the proposed benefits of coloring as an adult.
- Nabbit brings up the point that essentially a coloring book is a paint by numbers type activity that is good as a solitary activity, but would not be as stimulating if you tried to get a bunch of adults in a room to do it. Oktober points out that groups do exist but Nabbit isn’t really convinced.
- The panel goes over some examples of Adult Coloring Books. Oktober wants this Chicken themed one. Luke and Nabbit feel that the “Dinosaurs with Jobs” coloring book could be sold as a movie concept. Everyone thinks the “Color Me Drunk: A Drinking and Drawing Activity Book” is something we should do on a future show. And then everyone agrees that “Unicorns Are Jerks” is less a coloring book and more of an important life lesson.
Game: The “Build-A-Bar Workshop” Fantasy Workshop
This is a game where we try to come up with ideas for a bar concept. From uniforms to decor, to drinks to food, we try to match it all to the theme. This episode’s theme is Mad Science. take a listen and feel free to add your ideas in the comments.
- Nabbit suggested the house shot would be the Brain Hemorrhage.