Title: Pizza and a Tweet Beat
Run Time: 19 min 39 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Major Monocle
Topic: Pizza: Type, Toppings and Socio-Economic Force
- Oktober enjoys a pizza place with entertainment.
- Major Monocle wants it known that he’ll accept all offers of free pizza 24/7/365.
- Major Monocle prefers a New York Style pizza (even though the water used is still up in the air). He has a well developed technique for eating said pizza.
- Luke is more into a pizza that is largely bread. From a Chicago Deep Dish style to a Sicilian, it’s got to have body.
- Oktober loves Donato’s…mainly because the piling on of the fresh toppings.
- The beloved toppings of the group varied widely. Spinach was debated, Major Monocle was not down for that at all. Mushrooms were divisive (it came down to canned versus fresh). Major Monocle is very specific about his sausage (it’s gotta be Italian sausage).
- Luke goes on a meandering philosophical diatribe about the egalitarian aspects of pizza. Plus it is a very social food.
- The panel name drops their favorites…Major Monocle enjoys Papa Johns. Oktober (as previously mentioned) loves Donato’s. Luke goes for Jet’s Pizza whenever the opportunity presents itself.
- The panel discusses the merits of Little Ceaser’s pizza. From its history to its current place in the pizza world.
Game: Tweet Beat Threesome
The panel has to discern fact from funny, or at least try to figure out who posted these tweets, the Science Channel, Food and Wine Magazine or the Onion.