Title: Future Tech and Band Name and/or Book Title
Run Time: 23 min 30 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Future Tech
- Major Monocle suggests lasers, but Nabbit starts a conversation about this infamous Star Wars Episode 3 outtake.
- Oktober wants what everybody’s thinking but nobody’s saying…sex robots. She specifically brings up Gigolo Joe. Nabbit doesn’t think it’s a good idea, because of the Uncanny Valley. Luke wonders whether Cherry 2000 should be considered a documentary if it happens.
- Major Monocle is thinking of handy things for interstellar travel. Like artificial gravity. Or Faster than Light travel…although Oktober pokes a few holes into that one and Nabbit fears it becoming a real life Event Horizon.
- Luke wants new batteries. Battery technology hasn’t changed in decades. Nabbit thinks that the movie Knight and Day showed us that we’re not ready for this technological advancement yet.
- Nabbit just wants some cell coverage. He wants to be able to make a call even if he’s in the valley. Major Monocle points out that when he was a kid they didn’t have smart phones, and now years later we’ve made that advancement. Nabbit points out that he still can’t reliably make a phone call. Here’s hoping we can make that leap.
- A big idea out there right now. Self driving cars. Nabbit begins to explain some of the challenges that Google’s car has encountered…We like to call it the crazy cat lady conundrum. Major Monocle and Luke look forward to just the idea of the car taking over on long car trips. Plus there is the consideration of what we could do with all this free time during our commute.
Game: Band Name and/or Book Title