Title: Delivery, Shut-Ins And What You’re Into
Run Time: 23 min 38 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit, Major Monocle
Topic: Instant Delivery: Good, Bad, or the Other…
- Amazon is ancient…but Oktober remembers when talking heads said that eventually you would never need to leave the house for anything….
- Nabbit thinks it isn’t there yet…mainly because the prices are still more expensive than traditional grocery stores. <CNET did an interesting test of this>
- Oktober gets to the meat and potatoes of the matter… Home delivery can be dangerous to shut-ins. Or the best thing ever….
- Sometimes you just gotta go to the store…
- Nabbit is waiting on prepared food delivery…like GrubHub, Eat24, Seamless…. not to mention non prepared food companies like Blue Apron or Plated….So maybe the future is now?
- Also the traditional delivery items <such as pizza and chinese food> are facing competition from other fast food options…like Taco Bell.
- The panel has some novel ideas about the way the world works in Demolition Man…
Final Segment: So….What’re you Into?
- Nabbit has been spending copious amounts of time playing Earth Defense Force: 4.1 : The Shadow of New Despair….check out this trailer.
- Luke has been reading up on his philosophic quandaries…through the lens of Futurama with the book “Futurama and Philosophy: Pizza, Paradoxes and….Good News!”