Title: Food, Music and Your Dining Experience..
Run Time: 18 min 14 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit
Topic: Music and Food….
- After convincing Nabbit that this show wasn’t about chinese food….except for the fact that it came about in a previous podcast ( Show 12-04-15 ) that music and your dining experience can inform upon each other…
- Oktober gives an example of the music of a restaurant or bar setting the mood or to help convince you that you are getting an “authentic” experience (i.e. Olive Garden )
- Nabbit takes a moment to flip the argument and considers the sounds of people eating and how unpleasant that can be….along with other sounds at the other end…This leads the panel to consider which Sheryl Crow song is the best in this context (Every Day is a Winding Road or My Favorite Mistake)…. and Oktober starts singing this jam from 1985….
- Color theory and sound theory combine to set the mood (noted especially in happy hour type settings)…increasing the bpm’s (beats per minute) can increase the energy and drink buying of the crowd…
- Then there’s this study….the type of music can improve the taste and the amount of food you want to eat….
Game: “Drink It” or “Sink It” Challenge
The panel gets to enjoy the “Warm Cherry Pie” (As Oktober notes RIP Jani Lane ) which features tart cherry juice, Ole Smoky Cherry Moonshine, Razzmatazz and whipped cream. A warming drink with a nice kick. Everyone enjoyed this one and we’d like to know what you think, so give it a try. (The recipe is right here )