Title: Best Advice and Bar Names You Might Believe
Run Time: 23 min 51 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Nabbit
Topic: Best Advice You’ve Ever Gotten…
- The best advice that Luke ever received was “It’s legal as long as the ref don’t see it.” The panel ultimately decides that it can be taken different ways. (i.e. Cheat if you can get away with it. Or, don’t obsess about the rules.)
- “What looks good isn’t necessarily good. What look’s bad may not be necessarily bad.” Nabbit sees this little nugget of wisdom as a way to make people feel better.
- Luke begins to talk about the philosophy of choice, which leads to a conversation about Dragon’s Lair. (You can choose to go left, right or use the sword button).
- Nabbit got great advice from his doctor…”Step 1: Don’t Die.” Or to put it another way, as per Oktober, “Don’t turn into a pile of bones.” (back to Dragon’s Lair of course)
- On the Charlie Rose show in 2007 Steve Martin was asked for some words of wisdom for aspiring performers…”Be so good they can’t ignore you.“
- Nabbit is inspired by the Ewan McGregor film “The Impossible” to remember that “When you’re feeling that things are at their worst…. at least you’re not in a Tsunami!”
- Oktober get’s some sage advice from Sheryl Crow at just the right time in her life in just the right context.
- Nabbit brings it all down to this essential point….some of the best advice will come to you while your sitting on the can.
Game: Bar Names: Real or Fake?