Title: The Dark UnderBelly of Retail, Books and Bands
Run Time: 20 min 44 secs
Host: Luke Rodgers
Panelists: Oktober, Major Monocle, Nabbit
Topic: The Blackest of Fridays….
- Oktober doesn’t participate in Black Friday (except for that one year when she bought a TV)
- Nabbit and Major Monocle journeyed out one year and were ultimately miserable, except for watching the craziness of people.
- Nabbit, Major Monocle and Oktober relive all of their experiences from the year of the Furby and the destruction wrought by Tickle Me Elmo.
- Luke shares about the time that he took a phone call while working for an electronics retailer and had to turn down Peter Cetera, who just trying find a Nintendo Wii for a gift.
- According to Nabbit, shopping on Thanksgiving has lessened some of the crazy for Black Friday, but that gets in the way of his turkey feast. Major Monocle also notes that his turkey nap easily lasts for 10 to 12 hours.
- The hottest shopping item is no longer a toy…it’s mostly electronic gadgets. And it can mainly been found online.
Game: Band Name or Book Title
This is one of our favorite games here at A Quick Cocktail….mainly because it gets everybody’s ire up because of Major Monocles extreme guessing ability. Luke picks a list of band names and book title and the panel has to identify which one is which. It’s not as simple as it sounds…..